Modeling & Simulation Industry Committee - Mission Charter
Ojectives of the Modeling & Simulation (M&S) Industry Committee:
- track the regional, national and international M&S professional organization’s activities in order to keep our members informed of major changes and news.
- track M&S Industry conferences and activities of possible value to our Council members.
- Identify areas not listed here.
- Identify market trends that may impact M&S industry workers and organizations.
- What are the key M&S Standards? This includes government defense and space activities.
- provide M&S industry news in a monthly e-newsletter.
Goals of the M&S Industry Committee:
- make AMSC the go-to place for M&S Industry news in Alabama.
- perform as the liaison with regional, national and international M&S organizations.
- promote Modeling and Simulation as an industry in Alabama.
- make AMSC the go-to place for finding the latest in M&S standards.
- Each AMSC committee will actually compliment and share information directly and indirectly with other committees. Thus, strengthening all areas.
- Timeline is unlimited and it is considered to be a continuous activity.
- The M&S Industry Committee will self-organize and appoint a committee chair and vice-chair.
- Participation is voluntary.
- The committee will report to the AMSC BOD on progress made.
- The AMSC BOD, General Administration and Website manager will assist the committee as needed.
- Membership is open to any M&S Industry with a passion to see the results of their work which results in a continuous product that is a valuable asset to fellow simulationists in Alabama.
We will not build Rome in a day, but we can start to identify M&S industry focus areas and be in the know of what the latest industry news is.
If you wish to volunteer or have comments or questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no closure date for requests to join a committee. The invitation will remain open.
Call for Participation
The AlaSim Committee is calling for participation from authors, speakers, exhibitors, and sponsors for the 2018 AlaSim International Conference & Expo to be held on May 22-23 of this year. Abstracts for briefings, workshops, tutorials, and panel discussions related to in-progress, planned, and completed modeling and simulation projects of interest are being actively solicited. Abstracts are reviewed by the conference committee for inclusion in the final program. Authors are asked and expected to pre-register and present their work at the conference. Optionally, papers are now accepted in lieu of briefings submissions.
AlaSim International is scheduled for May 22-23, 2018.