Modeling & Simulation Industry Committee - Mission Charter
Ojectives of the Modeling & Simulation (M&S) Industry Committee:
- track the regional, national and international M&S professional organization’s activities in order to keep our members informed of major changes and news.
- track M&S Industry conferences and activities of possible value to our Council members.
- Identify areas not listed here.
- Identify market trends that may impact M&S industry workers and organizations.
- What are the key M&S Standards? This includes government defense and space activities.
- provide M&S industry news in a monthly e-newsletter.
Goals of the M&S Industry Committee:
- make AMSC the go-to place for M&S Industry news in Alabama.
- perform as the liaison with regional, national and international M&S organizations.
- promote Modeling and Simulation as an industry in Alabama.
- make AMSC the go-to place for finding the latest in M&S standards.
- Each AMSC committee will actually compliment and share information directly and indirectly with other committees. Thus, strengthening all areas.
- Timeline is unlimited and it is considered to be a continuous activity.
- The M&S Industry Committee will self-organize and appoint a committee chair and vice-chair.
- Participation is voluntary.
- The committee will report to the AMSC BOD on progress made.
- The AMSC BOD, General Administration and Website manager will assist the committee as needed.
- Membership is open to any M&S Industry with a passion to see the results of their work which results in a continuous product that is a valuable asset to fellow simulationists in Alabama.
We will not build Rome in a day, but we can start to identify M&S industry focus areas and be in the know of what the latest industry news is.
If you wish to volunteer or have comments or questions, please contact email@example.com. There is no closure date for requests to join a committee. The invitation will remain open.
Call for Participation
For the 2017 AlaSim Conference technical program, we are soliciting abstracts for briefings on in-progress, planned, and completed modeling and simulation projects. Abstracts are reviewed by the conference committee for inclusion in the final program. Authors are asked and expected to pre-register and present their work at the conference. Optionally, papers are now accepted in lieu of briefings submissions.
is scheduled for October 25, 2017.