Modeling & Simulation Marketplace (Business Development) Committee - Mission Charter
Alabama is a huge market for Modeling & Simulation (M&S) products and services that employ thousands of workers across multiple M&S domains. Conference and other events create a “market” for vendors and users. The economics of M&S should reveal its cost effectiveness when implemented as a solution.
Ojectives of the M&S Marketplace Committee:
- identify conferences, exhibitions, workshops, and seminars in Alabama and elsewhere that are of value to our Council members.
- identify who are the buyers (customers) and sellers of M&S.
- liaison with the Alabama Economic Development Agency.
- track the next possible round of Defense BRAC and possible impacts to Alabama.
- advertise the conferences and events on the AMSC website and social media.
- provide M&S Marketplace news in a monthly e-newsletter.
Goals of the M&S Marketplace Committee:
- gain an understanding of the M&S market size in Alabama in terms of how many organizations utilize M&S; how many employees and the revenue from M&S.
- showcase the impact to the Alabama economy by the M&S market.
- track any trends affecting the M&S market. (budgets, BRAC)
- provide the M&S market a venue to showcase their products.
- make AMSC the go-to place for M&S Marketplace news in Alabama and elsewhere as possible.
- Alabama is the primary focus, but the focus can extend to national and international as needed.
- Each AMSC committee will actually compliment and share information directly and indirectly with other committees. Thus, strengthening all areas.
- Timeline is unlimited and it is considered to be a continuous activity.
- The M&S Marketplace Committee will self-organize and appoint a committee chair and vice-chair.
- Participation is voluntary.
- He committee can add objectives and goals as needed.
- Primary interactions will be through email and meetings as needed.
- The committee will report to the AMSC Board on progress made.
- The AMSC Board, General Administration, and Website Manager will assist the committee as needed.
- Membership is open to any M&S professional with a passion to see the results of their work which results in a continuous product that is a valuable asset to fellow simulationists in Alabama.
We will not build Rome in a day, but we can start to identify M&S Marketplace focus areas and be in the know of what the latest marketplace news is.
If you wish to volunteer or have comments or questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no closure date for requests to join a committee. The invitation will remain open.
Call for Participation
For the 2017 AlaSim Conference technical program, we are soliciting abstracts for briefings on in-progress, planned, and completed modeling and simulation projects. Abstracts are reviewed by the conference committee for inclusion in the final program. Authors are asked and expected to pre-register and present their work at the conference. Optionally, papers are now accepted in lieu of briefings submissions.
is scheduled for October 25, 2017.